The process of purchasing a double stroller might prove to be pretty confusing. If you find yourself in a situation where you wonder the double stroller that is perfect for your family, then you are not alone.
The good news is that this article aims at making the process simple for you.
If you understand these essential factors that you should consider, then you will have an easy time choosing the best stroller for your two children.
The articles provide a clear discussion of the specific needs that necessitate the purchase of a double stroller. We will also look into the needs of parents who expect another child while they still have a child who is in the strolling stage.
Read through to understand some of the considerations in mind when purchasing a double stroller:
Consider your lifestyle
Once you get a new baby around, then it is no doubt that your lifestyle is set to change. You are even set to experience a completely turned around life if you get twins.
It is now time that you start seeing things in double. It could mean getting a whole new system or just purchasing a second seat.
Some of the important questions that you need to ask yourself as far as your lifestyle is concerned to include:
- Do you intend to use your stroller in crowded or cramped spaces often? If the answer is yes, then you might want to get a shoulder double umbrella stroller because it is more flexible.
- How often do you intend to load the stroller on and off a vehicle? If you travel a lot with your baby, then it is advisable that you get a simple stroller that is easy to load on and off the car.
- How often do you use your stroller outdoors on an uneven surface? In this case, the aspects of maneuverability and durability come in handy.
The Age, Height, and Weight of your Children
It is imperative that you understand that whatever works well for a new-born might not suit older children. Just like a diaper bag, the older the child, the lesser the importance of a stroller.
However, lesser does not mean cheaper material or fewer features. What the term refers to are the attachments and weight. If your child can sit on their own, then bulky bassinets and car seat adapters are not necessary.
If you only wish to purchase a single baby stroller, then it is important that you keep in mind your long-term needs. From there, you can choose the accessories and attachments that make the stroller practical and convenient.
It is important that you understand that the height and weight of your children are other factors that will determine how long they will use a stroller. Knowing these features, therefore, makes it possible for you to choose a stroller that will conveniently provide the needed service.
The Width of the Doors you will use Often
The most common thing that parents complain about the side-by-side stroller is usually about their width. It is usually hard to fit through small doorways and hallways with such strollers. Even some of the tandem versions tend to be too bulky for tiny apartments.
While it is not possible to measure all of the entryways that we might come across, it is advisable that we take stock of the ones that we frequent.
With this in mind, you might want to measure all of the common spaces. Some of the essential spaces that you should measure include:
- Your hallway or apartment door.
- The elevator opening.
- The entrance to your favorite restaurant or coffee shop.
I bet that you are imagining how silly you will look standing in front of a coffee shop with a tape measure. However, it will be totally worth it in the end. You do not want to find yourself barred from getting into the shop someday with a bulky stroller.
How big is your Trunk?
The size of your vehicle is very essential as long as you have a little child. There are pretty good odds that you have an up-sized vehicle before purchasing a double stroller. However, this does not mean that the vehicle has a trunk that is large enough for the stroller to fit.
Check the folded size of the double stroller that you intend to buy to ensure that it fits the trunk without a struggle. It is advisable to get a stroller that will fit into the trunk and leave some space for a couple of shopping bags.
What is the Kind of Terrain on which you intend to use the Stroller?
As indicated in step one, the terrain on which you will stroll is of key importance. It is very essential that you take a deeper look at the factors that are set to affect your child’s experience.
There are two different stroller wheels that allow you to deal with all kinds of surfaces:
- Front-Locking Wheels: These wheels move both forward and backward, but they also swivel 360 degrees. This excellent maneuverability could pose an issue when using the stroller over cobblestone or pebbles. The front-locking wheels provide a trade-off for mobility but provide stability.
- Suspension systems: Most jogging strollers have a suspension system that absorbs stress. Such systems absorb the shock from an uneven surface, making them great for such terrains. You will have a smoother ride when going off-road if you use a stroller that has a suspension system.
The Wheel size and Materials
The construction and size of your stroller wheels is another important aspect to keep in mind. Double strollers have strong and durable legs that come with a warranty. It is advisable that you get a stroller that allows you to purchase replacement wheels in case they wear out.
Once you go through each of these discussed features and factors, then you can proceed to purchase your stroller confidently. A double stroller is a smart investment for parents who have young children. With a bit off though and a little research, it will be possible for you to use this piece with ultimate versatility throughout your babies’ toddler years.